Monday, March 24, 2008

giant sleeping fur ball


giant sleeping fur ball
Originally uploaded by Julep67
happy monday.

I think that half of the planet, well maybe just half of our town and most of Ottawa had today off. When I got to campus this morning, I think you could have rolled a bowling ball down the middle of University Avenue and not hit a person or car. It was spooky quiet until after 11 a.m. or so.

Today, I needed to contact some folks in Ottawa for some work related stuff but that wasn't really going to happen today. Government offices were not open today. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, right?

Sam stayed home by himself today while we went to work. After much discussion we decided to let him have the run of the living room, my office and the kitchen today. Mark came home a couple of times during the day to check on Sam and he was okay. No accidents could be found and his new favourite perch seems to be on the arm of the couch, staring out the window. He's got such a happy face, it's neat to see when you drive up the street.

When we walked in the door, he was very excited to see us. It took about 10 minutes for him to calm down. His little heart was just pounding so hard. I must admit, I was really really happy to get home to him too. I almost couldn't wait for that last 30 minutes to pass before I left the office this afternoon. I think I finally understand what puppy love is all about!

No comments: