Sunday, March 16, 2008

happy happy

Boy, it was a gorgeous day here today, the whole weekend was lovely actually.

I had a great weekend. Except for a couple of odd moments, I felt pretty much normal the whole time and never had a relapse of my bug. We got to see some awesome old friends over the weekend, accomplished some projects around the house and just basically had a good time.

Honestly, I'm so happy to see the snow melting that you can't believe it. Last night, we were walking up to a friend's house and you could hear the water from the melting snow, running into the storm drains. It was one of the happiest sounds I'd heard in a good long while.

This week is a short week so that's nice. With all of the snow on the ground, it's almost hard to imagine that next weekend is easter already but it is. I'm happy about the short week and the long weekend for a few reasons, not the least of which is that we'll be seeing my folks next Sunday. We've not seen them in what seems like forever so it'll be good to have a little visit with them.

So yeah, happy weekends all around in this neck of the woods. Tomorrow's St. Patty's day so don't forget to wear your green!! whoot!

No comments: