Monday, March 03, 2008

steam release


steam release
Originally uploaded by Julep67
"good news everybody!" No, Professor Farnsworth isn't making a proclamation, Mark passed a kidney stone this morning. He felt like totally shitty shit (not just regular shit) all weekend and this morning, finally, he passed his stone.

He was told a couple of weeks ago that he had 3 of them (at least three that were visible on an ultrasound) but they didn't really start to give him any problem until this weekend. Yesterday was particularly bad. Fortunately, taking it easy and drinking a tonne of mineral water seemed to have helped and he's in much better spirits tonight. His colour has returned, he just looks so much happier.

I had an okay Monday. We didn't sleep much last night because city workers were in the neighbourhood somewhere. We could hear their trucks and see flashing blue lights but I'm not sure what they were doing. I just know that they woke both of us up, woke the dog up and most of the neighbours, between 2 and 5 a.m. The poor dog was so frightened that she slept in the master bathroom (off of our room) all night.

Not fun. I dragged my butt a bit and am hoping to get to sleep early-ish tonight. I can't tell whether my cold is coming back or I'm just sleep deprived but at the moment, my head feels very very heavy.

No comments: