Sunday, February 17, 2008

pink grapefruit

Yesterday, I bought myself a big pink grapefruit. I think I will eat it for breakfast this morning. I purchased only one because, while I love them a lot, if I eat too many of them I'll get a canker and I don't want that to happen. I just mention it here because it seems to be a particularly nice grapefruit and I haven't had one in a while.

Today, so far, I'm feeling marginally better than I did yesterday. Whatever bug I had been attacked by earlier in the week seemed to creep up on me again and I felt off all day. At times, I felt downright nauseous. I dragged Mark out and around the shoppes with me as I needed to do a bunch of errands but didn't trust myself to drive.

He's a good sport about that sort of thing. Over the next couple of weeks, I have some care packages to send off and some pregnant ladies to shower gifts on so I needed to get started on that. The care package items and the baby things made think about spring. I think that this year I'm looking forward to it more than I have in a while. The many feet of snow on the ground is contributing to that I believe. We are currently huddled in the house, waiting for some freezing rain to fall upon us. Freezing rain warnings make thoughts of tulips all the more sweet, don't you think?

No comments: