Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ick

Today was a sick day for me. I didn't sleep that well last night and when I finally did get up and start moving around, my head felt like it weighed 100 pounds. I called in and left messages for the girls in my office and went back to bed. I always feel a tremendous amount of guilt about sick days but I always know that I'd feel worse if I go in and make everyone else sick.

Other than sleep and watch tv, I didn't do much today. We had another dump of snow overnight last night so our lovely neighbour Tommy was over and cleaned up the driveway for us again today. Mark did the steps and laneway. I'm so thankful that we have Tommy to help us out, the amount of snow on the ground this year is just unreal. I don't remember seeing this much accumulation in 5 years or more. It's a real Canadian winter out there for sure.

At one point today, I was snoozing on the sofa with the dog and heard some noises outside. Our crazy gravel stealing neighbours have listed their home with an estate agent yet again. This time they actually put a sign on the lawn. It should be interesting. I've been reading about tough it is to sell a house at this time of the year, particularly this year with all of the snow. The other day, I saw an interview on tv with a guy who does home inspections and he was saying how tough it is to look at roofs and foundations right now. I must say, if I couldn't get a solid report on those two things, I wouldn't buy a house.

Anyway, I must say that I'm feeling better tonight than I have in a few days. I'm a little groggy but I'm not aching and feeling lousy which is really good. Tomorrow I'll be back at work. Daytime television will just have to make do without me.

No comments: