Sunday, February 24, 2008

not so lazy

I had intended to do very little today. Fortunately, I got bored very early on with doing nothing (by about 8:15 a.m.) and actually got off my butt and did a bunch of stuff around the house.

Now mind, it was stuff that needed doing and stuff that I was avoiding doing but, when you defeat the procrastination monster, that is a great feeling. I think so anyway. I got our room all cleaned up (properly, not just a quick surface clean like I sometimes do). I scrubbed the master bath like there is no tomorrow (I still have one bathroom left but you can almost eat off of the floor in the master - I wouldn't but...yanno).

The huge pile of papers I'd been shoving into a cubby on my desk has been dealt with. Massive amounts have been recycled, some stuff has been filed and there is a perfectly manageable pile of stuff "to deal with" is in a little tote bag. Nice huh?? Next weekend Mark and Andy are going to dissembling my office and drilling a hole in the wall (from my office into the living room - it'll create a conduit for the cables which connect my machine to the tv). I figured if I did this today, I wouldn't be running around like a headless chicken when they start ripping stuff apart.

So yeah, overall, a productive day. Feels good actually. The whole weekend was nice, foggy head and all. Hope you had a good one too!

No comments: