Thursday, May 26, 2005

this is what sleep deprivation feels like

Have you ever been so tired that brain feels, um...fizzy I guess is a good way to describe it. Almost like your brain is functioning outside of your skull. It's an odd sensation. The body is tired yet it keep working. Funny huh?? Going to bed after 12 and getting up at 4 will do that for you.

Today was busy again. I spent my morning trying to keep out of the way of the contractors and waiting for the cable guy. I amused myself by unpacking our clothes. I have pretty much located everything now. I even have an idea of where my yet-to-be-dragged-out summer clothes are. I'll worry about those later on, right now I'm just happy to have our bedroom looking a little more organized and not quite so dangerous. The boxes create an interesting "mine field" as you try to get to the loo in the middle of the night!!

After the cable guy left, I went over to the old place. It took me about an hour or so to empty the upstairs and scrub the bathroom. I vacuumed too, as best as I could. My vacuum started acting up (of course) but at least it's something. Lucky for them, the upstairs was just painted so everything is fresh and clean. I hauled everything into the kitchen and spent an hour or so trying to get everything organized in there.

When Mark finished work, he helped me bring all of the kitchen / bathroom stuff we had left behind, over here. It took a couple of trips in the car but it's all done. Tomorrow morning, my plan is to go over there after I drop him off and do a final clean. I want to scrub out the fridge and clean up the counters and floor in the kitchen. I definitely don't want them to have to deal with the same kind of mess I have encountered here.

Have I mentioned how filthy everything here was? As I mentioned before, I had no idea that they smoked. All of the white trim on the closet doors (they are mirrored with aluminum trim) was yellow, the washrooms were filthy and the inside of the kitchen cabinets are disgusting. Because the contractors have been here, I haven't been able to do much cleaning. I am afraid to look into some of the cabinets, it's that bad. Also, our contractor mentioned that there is a fair amount of "stuff" in the crawl space (under our bedroom and kitchen -- where the addition is). We have booked two of Pat's labourers for Saturday, to help clear that out and to move some boxes down to the basement for us.

Joe's settling in. He seems happy to not have to go up and down the stairs anymore. He's also enjoying his new toilet. I don't think I have shared the saga of the new toilet. I'll write about it later, right now I'm ready to hit the shower.

'night all!!

No comments: