Sunday, May 29, 2005

sleeping in

This morning I could have slept in until noon, or beyond. Of course, I ended up only sleeping in until 8 a.m. but that felt like a luxury. After 8, my back starting saying to me, "hey, either get out of bed now or don't get out, I'll mess you up good!!" Needless to say, I listened to my back.

I am really loving this house. This morning, I took a cup of coffee, the cordless phone and a basket of clean laundry, sat on my back deck and yacked on the phone while folding wash and sipping on my java. It was heavenly. In the old house, I would have never hauled my laundry out onto the patio, it just wasn't convenient. Now that we have a large front porch at the front of the house, and a deck off of the kitchen at the back, we're spending more time outside than we ever have. It's great!!

Laundry and gabbing aside, I didn't do too much this morning. I did, however, make a start on the kitchen cabinets. I had done one cupboard yesterday and really wanted to at least get the food put away today. The cabinets were so filthy inside that the only thing I had which would cut through the grime was bathroom cleanser. At least now, I know that they are disinfected. I need to do the outsides as well and have some Murphy's for that. The outside will likely have to wait until next weekend. I also got some more dishes unpacked and put away. It's been so nice to unpack a box of dishes and put them into the dishwasher. I'm really quickly getting used to having one. The last time I lived in a house with a dishwasher, it was 1987 and I was still living with my parents.

Joe's been taking it very easy today. Yesterday, he had a little tumble in the shower and he's injured his shoulder a bit. We bought a rubber mat for his bathtub but he didn't put it in before he got into the shower. When he tried to get up from his shower chair, he slipped and buckled and fell. He hit his neck and shoulder on the back of the chair. Mark heard him calling for help and got him up and out of the tub. Fortunately, and I still can't believe it, he didn't break anything. I swear, if any other 80 year old did that, they'd have been down at emerg. His bones must be made of rubber. He's feeling a little better today and I'm sure he'll feel even better tomorrow. He'll just have to take it very easy for the next few days.

Right now, I'm finally starting to feel a little more organized. This is a good thing because I go back to work tomorrow. I'm still feeling really tired but I know that the fatigue will pass as the week goes along.

This afternoon, Mark and I took yet another trip to Rona. We've been making many trips there. I can't believe the amount of money we have spent this week, between cables and stuff for our wireless network that we've picked up futureshop and all of the "home improvement" stuff from Rona, I'm afraid that my debit card will start melting soon. Oh well, better to be using the debit than the credit card, right??

We also stopped off at Costco and picked up a small television for our gym. We found a 13" colour set for $80 which will do just fine. I just want to be able to watch it while I ride my recumbent bike. Mark will hook up our old VCR to it and all should be fine. He got my computer up and running tonight so at least we have one machine in the house that works. His will be going into the basement and I'm sure he'll have it up later in the week.

So that's it. I'm completely pooped and am heading off to bed. Hopefully we'll get to sleep before 10 p.m. 'night all!!

No comments: