Monday, May 30, 2005

back to work

4 a.m. arrived rather quickly this morning. I could not believe it when the alarm went off. It wasn't easy but we managed to drag our butts out of bed and get to work. For me anyway, work was a restful retreat, away from boxes and piles of stuff. Even though I'd been away for four days, there wasn't a huge amount of stuff awaiting me when I got back into the office. I was able to ease myself back into things, which is very nice. Getting back into our regular routine will be good for both of us. I'm sure that as the week goes along, we'll get rested up. Hope so anyway!

Tonight, I was planning to do very little but it didn't work out like that. During the season premiere of "canadian idol," I unloaded the bins of summer clothes that Mark had dragged into the bedroom for me yesterday. I packed away my sweaters and heavy winter clothes. Of course, by unloading the summer stuff, I have created a huge mountain of ironing for myself. I'm the world's laziest iron-er. I hate to do it. I think I'm going to end up just washing some of it again (even though it's clean) and hanging it up. I'll do just about anything to avoid ironing!

The fish tank seemed weird tonight. The water was really grey and murky and the largest fish, Roger, was staying in the bottom, in a corner. You could tell that the other fish were pretty upset because they kept going to him, checking on him almost. On the weekend, Mark brought home some rocks he'd found. He cleaned them up and put a couple of them in the tank, to make a little cave for the fish. I think that they may have been sprayed with something (he picked them up out in the country) and that was making the tank all grey. Once he removed them and changed some of the tank water, Roger came out of the corner and seemed fine. I know that Mark was really worried about him. It feels like the fish have brought us lots of luck with the house over the past week and it would have been really sad to lose one of them. I can see the tank from where I'm sitting and the water is clearing up and everyone seems really happy.

Thank goodness for happy fish huh??

No comments: