Thursday, May 05, 2005

sunny

Boy, seeing the sun shine again just feels good, doesn't it? If it's not shining where you are, I'm sorry to hear that. It's been cloudy and yucky here for days now so the sun feels good.

I should probably start thinking about packing up the rest of our stuff but I can't seem to get too motivated yet. I know that it won't actually take me long to do it and it's hard to have boxes piled up everywhere for too long, with Joe in the house. He's pretty frail and shaky at the best of times, never mind when the living room has turned into a maze of boxes! We may go on a box hunt this weekend. I'm so glad that most of our stuff is already packed and tucked away in the storage locker.

It feels really strange at home right now. The house no longer feels like home. Honestly, it hasn't felt like home in a month or so but now that we only have about 2 weeks left in the house, it really doesn't feel like it's ours. We're anxious to get moving and start working on the new place. I am also looking forward to having access to my CD's again. I can't count how many times, since we've packed them up, I have wanted one or another CD and had to remind myself that they aren't there. It's a weird feeling.

One thing that made me smile today: Much to my surprise, my income tax refund is in my bank account. I just checked it. That was fast. We filed very late (April 24) so I wasn't expecting it that quickly. E-filing is good!

No comments: