Saturday, May 28, 2005

system shutdown

I'm too tired to walk. Don't get me wrong, I can walk, if I have to. I have managed a couple of times to walk from the bed to the bathroom. What I'm not sure about is how much further than that I could walk right now, if I had to.

Our attempt to sleep in this morning was in vain. I had totally forgotten about the boys coming in this morning to clear out the crawlspace. They arrived at 8 a.m. I'm not sure how big the area is but from where I am sitting right now (propped up in bed, watching a movie -- thank goodness for wireless internet!) it seems like there is a tonne of crap down there. They haven't stopped since they got here. So far I have seen rolls of carpet, chunks of drywall and lots of wood. Mark popped in (with a coffee for me, isn't he lovely?!!) to report that there is a light at the end of the tunnel but that the driveway is covered. It's looking like we're going to have to hire a haulage company to take it away. Mark's planning to call our real estate agent about it. I have a feeling that the lady we bought the house from had no idea that this stuff was down there. Most likely, her ex-husband and kids just used it as a dumping ground. The carpet was pretty damp so hopefully, now that it's gone, the musty basement smell will dissipate a bit.

Last night, I so wanted to soak in our new whirlpool tub but I knew that I didn't have the strength to get in or out of it. Sad huh?? At one point earlier this morning, in mid-sentence, talking to Mark, I started to cry. I know that I'm way overtired. Sad huh?? I guess once we had that cheque in our hands, all the adrenaline that had been keeping me going for the past week, just disappeared and I crashed. I'm planning on getting back into that tub and having a soak this morning. I know that tomorrow I'll feel much better, rested and healthier. Right now though, I'm quite enjoying being a blob, laying in bed and sipping coffee. I figure I've earned it!

No comments: