Friday, April 09, 2004

Today is indeed a good friday. I don't have to work today as it's a stat holiday. Ordinarily I don't support stat holidays for religious observances but hey, a Friday off in spring is a Friday off in spring. I haven't got much planned for today other than laundry and more listening to Air America Radio. I have to admit that I'm totally addicted and that my tv is collecting dust right now. Who knew that the truth could be so fascinating.

Friday Five

Again this week, there's no F5. I snagged one from two years ago this week instead:

1. What is your favorite restaurant and why?

We like to travel when we can and we have favourite restaurants in places we like to visit. Having said that, Kingston is a culinary wasteland and I don't know that I have a restaurant here that I'd call a "favourite." There are a lot of chain restaurants here in town and a severe lack of really cool mom & pop places. I guess my favourite mom & pop place is a Vietnamese place called Dong Nai. They make a mean noodle soup and really delicious curry dishes.

2. What fast food restaurant are you partial to?

We tend to avoid fast food places whenever possible. I guess I'm partial to Dairy Queen. We have a really cool drive-in Dairy Queen near our house that we hit, once in a while, when we need a Blizzard fix.

3. What are your standards and rules for tipping?

A good part of what Mark makes every day comes from tips so we are generous tippers when we are eating out. We are big believers in tip karma.

4. Do you usually order an appetizer and/or dessert?

Nope.

5. What do you usually order to drink at a restaurant?

I will order black coffee and / or grapefruit juice if I'm going out for breakfast and diet coke if going out for lunch or dinner, for a treat. Ordinarily, I order water. I drink a lot of water each day.

No comments: