Tuesday, April 27, 2004

pooped but not poopie

I got a lot done today.

Mark's dad sold most of his furniture but we asked if we could have this wall unit he had in the dining room. It's wood veneer and it's a little darker than anything we would have picked but it fills a need we have right now so we took it. I must say, it looks really nice in our dining room. It's a three piece unit and part of it has glass doors. We finally have a proper place to display our collection of Simpsons stuff.

Once that was in place, I basically scoured and totally rearranged the living room. It's amazing how filthy stuff gets over the winter. It looks good now though. The kitchen looks great too. We're almost done with this move, almost but not quite. We still have some stuff to do in Joe's room but we'll get to that on the weekend. I don't think that he minds one way or the other now that his recliner is set up in front of the tv!

Anyway, I'm not to tired to do this:

TV Tuesday - Week 7 - Stop me if you've heard this one...

1. Who is your favorite stand-up comedian of all time?

I don't even have to think about it, Bill Hicks. No doubt!

2. Which one could you do without? (Not your type of humor, or just plain stupid!)

If it has to be someone from the list, Jeff Foxworthy. I'm sorry, he's just not funny. If can be someone not on the list, Carrot Top. I just don't get him.

3. Which comedian do you think has gone on to have a great career aside from doing stand-up?

I think that most of the folks on that list have all done various and sundry cool things other than stand-up. If I can pick two, I'd say David Cross and Janeane Garofalo. He's brilliantly funny as a stand up comedian but he's also a great actor. I have really enjoyed watching him on Arrested Development this year. She's doing an amazing job on the Majority Report on Air America Radio. I love them both and was happy to see that they both appeared on this list.

~Bonus~ If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage?

Nope. I don't think I could.

No comments: