Friday, April 09, 2004

I just checked back in and holy crap, there is a Friday Five this week. It was really late though for some reason. Anyway, here it is:

1. What do you do for a living?

At the moment, I am an events planner. I help with the organization of a huge, annual event that happens for a non-profit organization.

2. What do you like most about your job?

The volunteers. Each year I work with a different group of people and each year I meet totally amazing, interesting, lovely people. It is immensely rewarding for me to work with these people and help them with this event.

3. What do you like least about your job?

The volunteers. For the most part, I work with amazing folks. There is, however, a small percentage of them who are demanding and difficult and make me want to pull my hair out. Fortunately, these folks are few and far between.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...

I've had too many meetings. Our office is undergoing a huge transition right now and there are meeting booked up the wazoo (yes, it is possible to have meetings booked all the way up your wazoo!). It makes it really difficulty to get any work done at all when you're spending day after day running from meeting to meeting.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?

I think I'd really like to do a more technically oriented job. Part of my job is doing web stuff but I think I'd like an opportunity to expand upon that. I also wouldn't mind doing help desk stuff. I really like working with people and with machines. I'm always helping folks in my immediate area with their machines, installing software, trouble-shooting, etc. I think I have a real knack for it and would love an opportunity to do it full-time.

No comments: