Friday, March 21, 2003

This weeks been a bit of a blur. Things are starting to get back to normal even though Joe's still in hospital. Anyway, as per usual, here's this week's Friday Five:

1. If you had the chance to meet someone you've never met, from the past or present, who would it be?

I'd really like to meet my maternal grandfather, Austin Forbes. He died, suddenly, of a heart attack when my mum was 17 so I never knew him. I was fortunate enough to have known all of my other grandparents. I am even old enough to remember my paternal grandmother who died when I was 8 (I don't know that any of my cousins really remember much about her).

2. If you had to live in a different century, past or future, which would it be?

I feel fortunate to be living in the time that I'm living in. I don't think I'd want to live in the future because I wouldn't really want to see how much more we have fucked the planet up. I'm sure that in the next century it will be completely uninhabitable. This is one (of my many) of the reason why I don't want to have a family. I can't imagine bringing children into such an environmentally compromised world. I guess if I had to live at another time, the early part of the last century would be my choice.

3. If you had to move anywhere else on Earth, where would it be?

I guess (if I could afford to do it the way I'd want to), New York City. I love what the city has to offer and I'd still be close to home and my family.

4. If you had to be a fictional character, who would it be?

This is kind of tough / dumb as I quite like being me. For completely silly reasons I suppose, Samantha Stevens from Bewitched. She has magic powers and can clean up her whole house by wiggling her nose. I wouldn't want her kids or husband though. ~shiver~

5. If you had to live with having someone else's face as your own for the rest of your life, whose would it be?

I quite like my face. I can't imagine wanting to look like someone else.

No comments: