Monday, March 03, 2003

I actually made it through today, sanity basically in tact.

I'm impressed but a little surprised to be honest. There was a definite atmosphere at work today, very intense conversations, etc...but overall, much better than on Friday. What's happening is basically the fall out from the folks who were let go last week. That's not to say that the dismissals caused the problems, they were more the straws on the back type of thing, know what I mean? Anyway, it's basically a pretty toxic environment.

Not everyone is entirely comfortable being there but there's not really a lot that one can do about it. We all like our jobs and want to stay in them. We also like the pay cheques and the homes and food that the money can provide. My way of dealing with things is to lay low, keep my head down and do my job and hope that certain individuals in upper-management move on to greener pastures. Nice huh? That's really the best way for me cope with it, and it works for me. I need the job, I like the job and I've learned that management types don't stay forever. Goodness knows I know this. So I'll sit, and wait, and be a good girl. If I actually thought that going to someone in upper-upper-management would help the situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it would only put my ass in the hot seat and it wouldn't actually help.

I can report though that my stomach has unknotted itself for the first time since Thursday so that's definitely an improvement. After today, the week can only get better.

No comments: