Sunday, March 02, 2003

Oh I slept like a rock last night. We ordinarily go to bed pretty early, around 9 p.m. or so, cuz we're usually up at 5 a.m. Anyway, last night it was actually after 11 p.m. by the time we turned out the lights so my head was stuck to the pillow until just past 6:30 a.m. I feel a little foggy this morning for the change in the schedule. It's neat though, waking up at that time now, seeing the daylight starting to poke through the blinds. Spring's on it's way. It's funny how we begin to obsess about spring at this time of year. It's nice to have something to be positive about. Work has become increasingly tense over the past couple of weeks. Political stuff mostly, bullshit, really. I've started to seriously consider a move, at least to a different department, if the opportunity presents itself. I hate to give up my job, I love it and I'm really good at it. But, unfortunately, sometimes you have obstacles that you can't move or control and you either have to live with them or just leave. I'm willing to hang in for a while and see what happens but, if I have to, I'll leave. I don't want to leave the organization completely. I've been working there for over 10 years now and have a pension, benefits and vacation entitlements to consider. The worst part about it is that I know that there are politics and bullshit everywhere you go, sickening isn't it?

It looks like we got snowed on last night. The sky is really dark gray and it's looking like it just might snow for the best part of today. Nice thing about snow at this time of the year is that it's more like rain so it shouldn't result in too much shovelling, if we're lucky. It'll be a good excuse though to stay indoors and get some things done. My clothes hamper is almost bursting again, I swear that the clothes are breeding in there. I'm looking forward to a nice quiet day, calm and peaceful day. I'm going to try to get the bullshit out of my mind.

No comments: