Friday, March 14, 2003

On Monday, it seems like Friday is a million miles away yet, here it is, Friday again. Yikes! Here's this week's Friday Five:

1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I spend a good chunk of my work day, some days, on the phone so it really depends on how that's gone. It also depends on my mood. If I'm feeling tired or impatient, I don't like to be on the phone. If I'm in a good mood and chatting to a friend, I can be on the phone for hours.

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
Last night, a former co-worker called me and we chatted for about 20 minutes.

3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
We have 4 telephones in our house (one in the living room, one in the computer room, one in our bedroom and one in the spare room) which are on the same line, plus 2 cell phones (his and hers).

4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
Oh shit yeah! I once had a telemarketer call me up, with his mouth full of food. When I told him that I wasn't interested in what he was selling and attempted to hang up, he started asking me if I was related to this or that person who had the same last night as me. When he hung up, I called back (thank you caller id) and spoke with his manager. I don't know if the manager gave a rat's ass about but I was not impressed. This guy was so not into his job.

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
Again, it depends. If it's someone I really would like to chat with, I'll call them. On the other hand, sometimes you just need to get some information to a person and you don't need to actually talk to them so an email (or a voice mail message if you can send them an "express" message) is fine.

No comments: