Wednesday, March 05, 2003

The snowstorm hit us but we didn't get any of the freezing rain (yay!). The sun is actually out now and the storm is behind us. I'm really hoping that this is the last winter storm we'll have to deal with this year, I'm not holding my breath necessarily but I'm optimistic.

Hump day was uneventful. Work was okay, busy, the day went by really quickly. We found out today that we're moving to a different spot in the building. I'm really happy about this. Our unit is located in the front reception area of the building and it's totally nutty busy all the time. The unit that is responsible for reception (there is a receptionist who reports to this other unit) is located upstairs. We're basically swapping spots with them and it's going to be so much better for us. We'll be closer to other units which we work closely with and I'll have some privacy for a change. It can be really difficult to concentrate when you're constantly by people who don't want to wait 3 seconds for the receptionist to acknowledge them. I'm not sure when it's going to happen but it should happen in the next couple of months sometime.

Things have definitely calmed down a bit at work. I'm cautiously optimistic about things. The days get easier to get through the closer we get to the weekend. I'm really looking forward to just chilling out this weekend and not doing much of anything.

No comments: