Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Wouldn't It Be Nice

It's Way Back Wednesday today so that means I'm sharing an older tune with you today.

The song I've selected is from one of my favourite records, The Beach Boy's Pet Sounds.  The song is "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and I've picked it for a number of reasons.  First, it's a great song and I have loved it for as long as I can remember.  Second, it's on theme for today, for me anyway.

I'm home today while plumbers tear up my basement and do some repair work.

I've been saying to myself...wouldn't it be nice if this stuff just magically fixed itself without the noise and mess? Wouldn't it be nice if someone else paid for it for me?  Wouldn't it be nice if the weather wasn't so crappy today (bad enough to have folks traipsing in and out of the house, does it have to be rainy and wet too?).

It's been a huge amount of work, preparing for today.  I feel like I have met or at least talked to everyone who works for Utilities Kingston and I know my plumber and his office manager much better than I ever thought I would.  Probably the only silver lining in all of this is that I'm able to have a sump pump and back flow valve installed.  Given how much water has become an issue the past couple of years, doing some flood prevention will bring me some peace of mind.

Hope you're able to have a peaceful, mess free Wednesday... and while you're at it, enjoy some Beach Boys xo


No comments: