Friday, May 24, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

Happy Friday folks!!

Morrissey and Kirsty MacCollI had no intentions of this becoming Morrissey / Smiths week on ye olde blog but that's just what happened.  Funny isn't it??

Today's Not Guilty Just Pleasure song could have been posted on a Tuesday (cuz cover) or Wednesday (cuz old) but instead I'm posting it today. I thought it would be a nice way to end this Morrissey week thing.

For those of you who aren't paying attention, this name of my blog ("What Do Pretty Girls Do?") was taken from a song by the late, great Kirsty MacColl.  It's been a while since I have shared a song of hers and thought that today was just as good as any to do just that.

Kirsty MacCollAs much as I love the original recording of today's song, Kirsty's version was always my favourite.  She recorded it for her 1989 album "Kite" (The song "What Do Pretty Girls Do" is also on "Kite") and the lead guitar (obvs) was played by Johnny Marr.  For those of you who may be too young to have been a fan of Kirsty's, I really encourage you to check out her music.  She was a brilliant artist, had the voice of an angel and just the best sense of humour.  Kirsty was taken from us tragically in 2000 but her music still sounds fresh and new today.

I hope you enjoy Kirsty MacColl's cover of "You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby." If it doesn't make you dance around the house nothing will. 

Enjoy the weekend kiddies xo


No comments: