Thursday, May 23, 2019

Cancon Thursday - My Morrissey Shirt

I don't often do a single theme for a whole week.  Given that I post 4 days a week and already 2 of the posts this week have been about Morrissey / The Smiths, I thought I'd keep the theme rolling.

The Smugglers - In The Hall of FameIt's Thursday (duh!) and as regular readers know, I always share a Canadian song on Thursdays.  You may be thinking, Peggy, how can you keep that up and still stay with your Morrissey / The Smiths theme? 

Fortunately, the Canadian Ambassadors of Rock'n'Roll, The Smugglers, have the perfect song for today!!  That's right kids, today, I'm sharing "My Morrissey Shirt" from their 1993 album "In The Hall of Fame" for Cancon Thursday.   

Truthfully, I probably could have dug around and found some Canadian band or artist who recorded a cover of an old song by The Smiths.  That would have smacked of effort and it would have meant that today's post was Smugglers-free.  It's been a while since I've shared a song by the Smugglers and it felt like the right thing to do.


Hope you enjoy it (and if you do, go listen to more stuff by the Smugglers, your day will only get better if you do!), Happy Thursday xo



No comments: