Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of May 14

Well it's Tuesday again.  If it's Tuesday that means it's cover time.

Before I share this week's cover, I'd like to say a gigantic thank you to my family and friends for making my birthday weekend so incredibly special and fun.  Oh yeah, it was my birthday yesterday.  I'm 52.  I remember when I was a little girl, my dad's buddy Alec was turning 52 and my dad said, "well now you're finally playing with a full deck."  For some reason, I thought that was (and still do) the most hilarious thing.  So yeah, I'm playing with a full deck too!

This photo, of my brother Patrick, me and my cousin Joanie was taken on my birthday when I was 7 so, yikes, 45 years ago.  We were such cuties in our ponchos huh??  We're still cuties I should say.  The look on my brother's face just warms my heart, what a sweet guy.  He still is.  Wow I'm a lucky kid!!

Today, I'm sharing a song that was originally recorded by a group I love dearly.  The band covering the song is also a band which is very near and dear to my heart.  I'll not say too much about it because I think it doesn't need a big introduction.

Today's Tuesday cover is by The Ramones.  It's their amazing, wall of sound-ish version of The Ronettes classic "Baby I Love You."

Have I ever told you
How good it feels to hold you
It isn't easy to explain
And though I'm really trying
I think I may start crying
My heart can't wait another day

No comments: