Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Because it's Tuesday - week of April 30

Well kiddies, looks like we've almost made it out of April in once piece.

This has been a rough month for a lot of folks.  In particular, I'm thinking about all of the people who are dealing with the flooding.  It's just been so awful to watch from a distance, I can only imagine how terrible it must feel to watch your home filling up with water.

I'm keeping my fingers, eyes and legs crossed that May is nicer to us than April was.  When I think about it, that shouldn't be tough to have happen.

So, once again it's Tuesday.  On Tuesdays, I share a cover and I'm doing that today.  The song I'm going to share with you today was a favourite of mine when I was a toddler.  Yes, that's right, a toddler.  One of my first memories of television was watching the Jackson 5 cartoon on Saturday mornings.  The Osmonds had one too I think but mostly I remember the Jackson 5 and the Groovie Ghoulies (yes, there was a cartoon before there was a band).  Anyway, I loved the Jackson 5 and probably my first crush (when I was 4 or 5 years old) was on 12 year old Michael Jackson.

The version of their hit, "I Want You Back" I'm posting is by the Civil Wars.  Many of us miss them and were saddened when they broke up.  I love the simplicity of this video... it's bittersweet and a beautiful version of a classic pop song.

Trying to live without your love is one long sleepless night
Let me show you, girl, that I know wrong from right
Every street you walk on, I leave tear stains on the ground
Following the girl I didn't even want around


No comments: