Friday, May 17, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Funny Little Frog

Well we made it, sort of...almost.  The long weekend is just about ready to start and the sun is actually shining in Kingston, for the second day in a row.

Belle and Sebastian in Montreal 2006I don't listen to them as often as I used to these days but I will eternally have a piece of my heart which is completely devoted to Belle and Sebastian.  I spent countless hours listening to them and even convinced Mark to drive to Brooklyn so I could see them for the first time.  It was well worth the drive, I recall actually crying just a little bit when the show started (and I had found a spot right at the front of the crowd, in front of Stevie Jackson).  Afterwards I understood, for the first time in my life, why those girls were screaming and crying when they were in the audience of the Ed Sullivan show, watching the Beatles.  It was a bit overwhelming to stand under the stars, in Coney Island, on a balmy October evening, hearing one of my favourite bands live for the first time.  Gah!

So today, I'm going to share a song from their 2006 album, The Life Pursuit (the above fuzzy photo was taken by yours truly during The Life Pursuit tour when it stopped in Montreal in 2006).  It should perk you up if your coffee isn't quite doing it yet.  Happy Weekend kittens, stay safe and be happy xo

Honey lovin' you is the greatest thing
I get to be myself and I get to sing
I get to play at being irresponsible
I come home late at night and I love your soul
I never forget you in my prayers
I never have a bad thing to report



No comments: