Thursday, May 30, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Ampersand

Happy Thursday folks.

It's "hey let's share a Canadian song" day 'round here so that's what I'm going to do.

The New Grand - October 1997
The New Grand, 1997, photo by me!
I've been thinking about the 90's a fair bit recently.  Not living in the past or anything, just reminiscing and listening to some music I used to enjoy back then.  Some of it has a timeless quality.  Other songs sound very "nineties" to me.  The song I'm sharing today falls into the second category.

Don't get me wrong, I still thing this is a great song and listening to
it makes me smile.  I'm sharing "Ampersand" by London, Ontario's The New Grand from their 1998 album Incognito.  It's a good album, the songs are fun and hooky.  I'll probably have "Ampersand" in my head most of today and that's not a bad thing at all.

I hope you enjoy a little nineties indie pop.  Have a great day kids xo

No comments: