Thursday, May 16, 2019

Cancon Thursday - My Old Man

As regular readers here will know, on Thursdays I share songs by Canadian Artists.  While she may live south of border, Joni Mitchell is a Canadian girl and our nation's pride and joy.

I know folks who are gigantic fans of Joni Mitchell and I was never really in that camp but there are many of her songs that I love very dearly.  The song I'm going to share with you today is one of those songs.

From her undeniably GREAT, as in this a fucking masterpiece, album Blue, I'm sharing the song "My Old Man" today. It's such a sweet and poignant song about a woman professing her love for her man, a good man.  As we all know, those kind of guys are not easy to find.  When you find one, you should hold onto him with both hands and never let him go.

Hope you enjoy this kiddos xo

He's my sunshine in the morning
He's my fireworks at the end of the day
He's the warmest chord I ever heard
Play that warm chord, play and stay baby


No comments: