Sunday, July 02, 2006

summertime


mum's garden on canada day
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
one of the things I love most about summertime is being able to sit out on the deck, at 7 a.m., in my nightie, and drink a cup of coffee in the sunshine. it's lovely and peaceful and usually breezy. even on the really very hot days, at that time, it's nice.

we've spent a lot of time on our deck this weekend, it's been really nice. last night, we spent some time on my folks' patio. we popped out to their place last after dinner and had some Canada Day cheesecake with strawberries. it was the first time we'd seen them since they got home from their big trip to Alberta.

today, between deck visits, we've been puttering. Mark got a lot done on the second guest bedroom. it's looking really great, totally cleaned up. the furniture has been arranged in a really cool way and he got the shelving unit installed. All it really needs now is a coat of paint (it's already primed), a new ceiling fan and a bedspread. now that all of the boxes are out of it, we can appreciate what a nice space it is.

I managed to get all of our june paperwork filed away, bills paid, joe's bills dealt with, his filing done, laundry is almost done, even did the dreaded hand washing of delicate (but pretty) summer blouses that I've been avoiding. we also popped over to the store to stock up on a few odds and ends as I think that most of the stores are closed on monday. tomorrow, I'll do a smidgen of ironing and spend a little time on my work laptop but other than that, I plan to be a vegetable.

it's been a productive and fun weekend so far. having tomorrow off from work feels a wonderful treat.

No comments: