Friday, July 21, 2006

for a while

I've been up for a while now. It's really quiet in the house, the only sounds I can hear are the rumble of the recycling truck on the street and the gurgle from the fish tanks.

Mark is still sleeping. We were up sort of late, well, late for us, last night. We tried to watch 40-year-old Virgin but couldn't get into it. I was surprised too because we both like Steve Carrell a lot. It could have been one of those state of mind things too, we may take another stab at it later on, but we might not.

This morning, my back is still a little stiff. This happens to me from time to time and it's annoying. Annoying because it slows me down, and annoying because otherwise, I feel really good. Hopefully, a hot shower will sort me out for the day.

It's a little hard to believe that my vacation is winding down. Overall, it's been very relaxing, which is what I'd hoped for. I could have done without me having a sore back this week, or Mark having some heat-induced migraines last week but overall, it's been a nice break. I could very easily get used to being a lady of leisure. Unfortunately, unless we win the lotto, that's not going to happen anytime soon. I'll just have to settle for little breaks here and there...and will have to make a note to actually pick up a lotto ticket once in a while!

No comments: