Thursday, July 06, 2006

one more sleep and doctor asshole


mum's garden on canada day
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
upon waking this morning, "one more sleep" was in my brain.

I haven't been counting the week down this week but when I woke up this morning, I realized that I only have 2 more days in the office until my vacation starts. I mean, I know I'm off next week, duh, I've been pretty busy getting things sorted out so I can be away. With this being a short week, that's been a challenge. Anyway, one more sleep indeed!

Oh, good news, Mark finally has a new doctor. His old doctor is an asshole. When Joe went into the nursing home, he switched doctors (Mark and Joe had the same doctor). Dr Asshole fired Mark as a patient. I guess it's because old folks with lots of symptoms are good for business and he resented loosing Joe as a patient. Whatever the reasoning behind this stupid (and, I've advised unethical) move, he did it and Mark's been doctorless for about a year now.

Last week, I saw an article in the paper about a new doctor who was setting up shop in a clinic not far from our house. Mark called them as soon as they opened that morning and got an appointment for a consultation with the new doctor. He met her today and she is, by all accounts, lovely. She's young and smart and nice and he's really happy to not have to deal with anymore asshole doctors!

No comments: