Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Way Back Wednesday - (We're Not) The Jet Set

(We're Not) The Jet Set
I think I'm going to keep going with the songs from my country and western childhood. It's been a lot of fun revisiting these classic country songs over the past few weeks so I see no reason to stop now.

This week's Way Back Wednesday song was written by Bobby Braddock (he also wrote D-I-V-O-R-C-E, Golden Ring, and He Stopped Loving Her Today - to name just a few, what a talent!!). George Jones and Tammy Wynette released "(We're Not) The Jet Set" as a single in 1974. The song made it to number 15 on the Billboard country charts that year.

It looks like the performance I'm sharing with you today was recorded for an episode of Hee Haw (a very popular show in our house when I was a kid). 

Give it a listen and have a happy hump day kids xo

Our Bach and Tchaikovsky
Is Haggard and Husky
No we're not the jet set
We're the old Chevrolet set
But ain't we got love?

No comments: