Thursday, March 09, 2023

Can Con Thursday - Who Rescued Who

Dogs and Alcohol
Grief is a weird thing. It's true that it can hit you like a wave sometimes. Usually, the deep sadness happens when you least expect it, sometimes, it lasts for just a moment, but it can also linger for hours or days.

I remember the first time I heard today's Can Con Thursday tune and how tears came to my eyes. I am overcome with tears every time I hear it, but I can't stop listening to it. Sometimes, you just need to feel the things buried deep inside you. This song always finds that place for me and helps me release a little bit of the sadness that I carry around with me.

Don't let my tears discourage you from listening to today's song, "Who Rescued Who" by the incredible Kathleen Edwards. This live performance was recorded earlier this year at "That Station" in Raleigh, North Carolina. 

Also, if you're interested, you can pick up a copy of Kathleen's Dogs and Alcohol EP on Bandcamp (just click here)

Take care, friends xo

Under the little catalpa tree
Is where I put you
With a rock that says your name
I had made for ya
And now my favorite thing to say
Is who rescued who? Who rescued who? Who rescued who?

No comments: