Thursday, March 23, 2023

Can Con Thursday - This House Is On Fire

Old Dead Young
I could make this a Finally Thursday post if I wanted to (well, actually, I could do that any day). I'm not going to do that, but technically today is my "Friday" as I've booked some time off from work this afternoon and tomorrow.

I'll keep with my regular theme today, though, Can Con Thursday. Today's Can Con tune is by Broken Social Scene, This House is on Fire. In early 2022, Broken Social Scene released "Old Dead Young: B-Sides & Rarities" - This House is on Fire was included in that compilation. According to the Arts & Crafts website, it is a "‘Forgiveness Rock Record’ outtake. Released on Globe & Mail’s Broadsheet Music project."

I'll keep this short as I'm only working a half day today. I like this song, it gets stuck in my head on the regular, and I hope you enjoy it too xo

This house is on fire
And it's creeping down the hall again
Rising up the walls where we cooked
Our catchment town

No comments: