Thursday, March 02, 2023

Can Con Thursday - Tonight Is A Wonderful Time To Fall In Love

Tonight Is A Wonderful Time To Fall In Love
The first concert I was allowed to go to without my parents was an April Wine show. Pretty typical for a Canadian kid in the early 1980s, I think. Arena rock in an actual arena.

They were playing at the Memorial Centre (which I can see from my front porch, some 40+ years later). It was a GA show, and I had won tickets, an LP and a t-shit in a contest on a local radio station (does anyone out there remember CKLC?). I was pretty excited, even though I remember my ears ringing for a few days afterwards. 

For Can Con Thursday, I'm sharing a classic April Wine song, "Tonight Is A Wonderful Time To Fall In Love." Recorded for the band's 1975 album, Stand Back, the song definitely has LOTS of cowbell! Apparently, Stand Back was the first album by a Canadian band to achieve platinum sales in Canada. This power ballad was a pretty big hit in Canada, and I'm sure that many Canucks of a certain age can remember all of the lyrics!

Love is such a sweet thing, oh yeah
It's easy when you realize
These moments are forever, oh yeah
It's magic and it's in her eyes

 

No comments: