Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cancon Thursday - No Depression

Well, it's the Canadian-ist day of the week 'round here, Cancon Thursday.

Fortunately, we live in a country which, while new by global standards, has a rich history of producing a lot of kick ass music.

The Juno Award nominees were announced this week.  Ordinarily, I pay little attention to things like awards because artists I like generally either don't get nominated OR if they do, never win.  That could change this year.  Three of my favourite 2018 releases are nominated for various things (the Barr Brothers for Queens of the Breakers, Destroyer for ken and Bahamas for Earthtones).

I hope that my liking them doesn't jinx them.

For this week's Canadian tune, I am sharing one which has a Juno nominated video (!!), No Depression by Bahamas.  If you haven't had a chance yet to listen to Earthtones, it's streaming almost everywhere and if you like it, buy a copy for pity's sake!!  I did, on vinyl, it's a great LP!

Enjoy xo


No comments: