Thursday, January 17, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Come On

Over the holidays, I noticed that Netflix was running a show by that tidy up lady Marie Kondo.  I watched about 1/2 of the first episode before turning it off.  I need to purge stuff in my house and certainly, the way she folds clothes looks efficient and interesting but seriously, my stuff doesn't "spark joy."  I mean, it's January so the house is dry and sometimes I get a shock from things but that's not what she was talking about I'm sure.

Since then, I've seen countless articles and tweets about Ms Kondo.  Everytime I hear her name, I was reminded of another person with a similar sounding name.  The one, the only, Ray Condo.  I do love me some Canadian Rockabilly and Ray Condo and his Hardrock Goners were just super.  When I realized that it's almost 15 years since Ray passed away, I was a bit surprised by how much time had passed and oh so glad that he left us with all of that good stuff that warms our hearts and makes our ears so happy.

As it's Cancon Thursday, I'm sharing Come on by Ray Condo and His Hardrock Goners.  I suggest you take a break (a good long one) from your Marie Kondo tidying and listen to some Ray Condo.  Your house might still be cluttered but your heart will be filled with joy!! xo


No comments: