Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Twilight Woman

Happy Wednesdays kiddos.

We are officially 1/2 way to the weekend and it's a good thing because this week is feeling rather long.  In part I think because of the cold and snow (trudging is exhausting) and in part because I had some sad news this week and I have been struggling to get my head around it.  Sad news will do that to you sometimes....

Now,  to change the subject, let's talk about music.  After all, that's why you 're here, correct?  Given the historical significance of the date today, you might be thinking that I would be posting a Beatles song for Way Back Wednesday this week.  Alas, you would be wrong.  I figure enough other folks will be posting "Get Back" today, I don't need to.

A very wonderful and extremely wise person I know, who also happens to have excellent taste in music, suggested a song for me to share today.  Not only is it a fantastic tune, it was released the same year as that famous Beatles roof-top concert and, for an added bonus, it's Canadian.  It was pretty much a perfect suggestion for today's Way Back Wednesday song.

So, I'm sharing with you "Twilight Woman" by classic Canadian garage punk band, The 49th Parallel.  Give it a listen, dance around the living room and enjoy some 60's Canadian rock... I promise you'll enjoy it AND the dancing will keep you warm today.  xo


No comments: