Friday, January 18, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Gotta Get Back

Well, it's certainly wintery around there this morning.

It feels practically balmy after the last couple of days so you'll not hear me complaining about the temperature.

So...it's Friday again somehow and that means I get to share a song I like for no particular reason.

Ha!!

Actually, it's my blog so I can post anything I want whenever I want but I do try to stick to my self-prescribed themes.

Today's song is by the lovely Shelby Lynne.  I have been a fan of hers for a long long time.  When I took Gracie up to the vet's in Sydenham that last time, we were listening to a CDR in the van.  The CD had John Prine's "In Spite of Ourselves" Album and Shelby Lynne's "I Am Shelby Lynne" on it.  We listened to John Prine's covers all the way up and on the way home, "Gotta Get Back" started to play.  I have no idea what it was about it but I kept hitting repeat and must have listened to it 5 or 6 times.  It made me feel better even though I was softly crying for the entire drive.

So thanks Shelby Lynne.  This version is a little groovier than the album version but it's fun and the video is slick.  Enjoy & happy Friday (and stay safe!) xo


No comments: