Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - Week of October 2

Wow, it's October already.

Not that you needed me to announce it to know.  You can tell by the calendar and by the weather.  I actually really like October usually.  This October should be the same.  Lots of fun stuff is happening for me in October and I'm looking forward to it while, at the same time I'm not wishing it away either.

Back in 1983, the song I'm sharing with you today was a gigantic hit.  We were putting on our red shoes and dancing the blues let me tell you. David Bowie was everywhere it seemed.  One of my friends even convinced her folks to let her go to Toronto to see him on the Serious Moonlight tour (I don't think I even asked, my folks barely permitted me to go to shows in Kingston much less to travel all the way to Toronto, on a bus, alone).  I did get see him a few  years later, when parental permission was not an issue and he was on the Glass Spider tour.  But Let's Dance, the album and the song, they were in my WalkMan almost constantly!

M Ward covered "Let's Dance" a long time ago and it remains one of my favourite versions of the David Bowie classic.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do xo

No comments: