Thursday, October 18, 2018

CanCon Thursday - Sidecar

Happy Thursday to you.

If it's Thursday (and it is) it's time to share a Canadian song with you.  I hope you enjoy the song I've chosen as much as I do.  Well, I actually probably enjoy it enough for both of us but it would a nice bonus if you liked it too.

It's a live version of "Sidecar" by Eastern Ontario's Kathleen Edwards.  Sidecar is a song from her 2012 album  (Polaris Prize Shortlisted y'all!!)  "Voyageur" and she co-wrote it with the insanely talented Jim Bryson.  How lucky are we to live in a country like Canada, it's just bursting with amazing singers and songwriters and bands and fans.  I just love the relationship that we Canadians (well me and my friends anyway) have with our homegrown musical heroes.

It's a fun song, a warm one and hard not to like (or to get stuck in your head but trust me, it's a good ear worm!).  I hope you enjoy it xo


No comments: