Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of October 30

This is shaping up to be a very busy fall for me.

The pace of it has been fast, fast, fast and it was unexpected.  I feel like I'm keeping up but it's been overwhelming at times.  I'm not just talking about at work, which is quite busy at the moment (a good busy but busy nonetheless).  There has been a lot going on and when I've been able to find quiet time for myself I've been trying to make the most of it.

As you know, I love music.   If I had to chose between music and television/films, I would also pick music.  I can always find something that fits my mood (if I want to wallow or celebrate) or change it (cheer me up when I'm in a funk).

Today is Tuesday so I'm sharing a cover with you.  It's a song I have loved since I was a child and I enjoy finding new versions of it.  Unfortunately, I don't have a video but the audio clip I found is pretty excellent. On Sunday evening, we saw Bahamas perform at the Grand Theatre (Tim Baker from Hey Rosetta opened).  It was a great show so much fun and just I what I needed to cap off a very busy weekend (I'd been in Toronto attending Blissdom Canada).

This week's cover tune is Willie Nelson's "Always On My Mind" performed by Bahamas.  It's a beautiful version of a classic song.  If you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed, it'll calm you down (it worked for me anyway).  I hope you enjoy it xo




No comments: