Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - One More Colour

So, you can tell that today's Way Back Wednesday song is Canadian (even if you're too young to be familiar with the title) because of the "u" in the word colour.

That's right kids, I'm sharing a song today by Jane Sibbery.  It's a song from her 1985 album, "The Speckless Sky." I remember seeing Jane at the Grand Theatre on the tour in support of this album.  I was still in high school and one of my girlfriends and I were big fans so we were really excited that not only was she playing in Kingston, she was playing in a venue that was all ages.  I'm pretty sure that there is a full-length video of a show from that tour on you tube somewhere.

Anyway, 1985 was sort of the height of the Much Music craze and her video for "One More Colour" was crazy popular.  It makes sense when you think about it, add a super fun, catchy song to footage of a tiny woman walking a cow down a dirt road, it was absolutely going to be a hit!!

Speak a little softer
Work a little harder
Shoot less with more care
Sing a little sweeter
And love a little longer
And soon you will be there


I'm not sure what Ms Sibbery has been upto in recent years but I'm sure it's interesting and amazing.

Enjoy "One More Colour" with it's Canadian U and cows and kitsch xo


No comments: