Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - House of Fun

Madness are/were a lot of fun.

I think they called themselves Madness because their songs are so catchy, you can easily get them stuck in your head and if you don't shake it, it'll drive you mad.  Mad in a good way but mad nonetheless.

When I was in high school and needed to smile or laugh, I could always turn to Madness.  Their infectious pop / ska tunes, quirky lyrics and super fun videos were a tonic when I needed a break from mopey Morrissey. Looking back now, and listening to songs which were originally released over 35 years ago, I can see that they actually are timeless.  Even their videos aren't too dated (likely because of the costumes). 

Today for Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing a classic 1982 hit from Madness, House of Fun.  It's a tender coming of age tale about a young lad in the North of London who is just trying to buy some condoms.

Welcome to the house of fun
Now I've come of age
Welcome to the lion's den
Temptation's on his way
Welcome to the house of fun...
I invite you to enjoy House of Fun and try, just try, not to dance around wherever you are.  


No comments: