Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - Constant Craving

Seems odd to me that this song would even fall into the "Way Back Wednesday" category.  It is, however, over 25 years old now (!!!!) so I suppose that it really does fit.  Perhaps that is down to the timeless quality of the song.  Listening now, it doesn't seem like a oldie but a goodie song.  I suspect that's down to the singer.  She's truly the shit...

kd lang

That lady kd lang.

Even though I think she hangs her hat in sunny California most of the time, she's still a national treasure here in Canada.  Well, I think she is one anyway, lots of folks agree me too and I can get them together and show you if you'd like!  I mean, c'mon, when an iconic Canadian like Stompin' Tom sings about you, you know that you've hit national treasure status!!

kd lang's second solo album, Ingenue, which my Way Back Wednesday pick comes from, was an international success. It was a lot less country and far more polished than we were used to hearing but that voice, it slays me.  She could sing the phone book and I'd pay good money to stream it!  Fortunately, she just keeps singing fantastic songs so I have not had to put my money where my ears are on that one quite yet.

Lucky for you, dapper dude or glam gal, reading this page and clicking on the video below costs nothing (well just whatever it costs you to connect to a network, if you're at the library, it definitely costs nothing)... so click away and enjoy xo

No comments: