Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - Week of October 23

It's definitely Tuesday so I'm sharing a cover with you today.  More often than not, the songs I share here are upbeat.  Today, we're saying good bye to my Uncle Tom so I have chosen a song I think is more appropriate for a sombre occasion.

Apparently, this is one the last songs written by the late great Warren Zevon before he passed away in 2003.  "Keep Me In Your Heart" has a wonderful sentiment and is something that I think we all hope for.  To be thought of fondly and remembered by the people in our lives after we've passed, well, I don't think that you can't ask for more than that.

The version I'm sharing today is by the The Wailin' Jennys.

If you haven't done so in a while, tell the folks you love how you feel about them and give them a big old hug.  You never know when they might be leaving you...

Hold me in your thoughts
Take me to your dreams
Touch me as I fall into view
When the winter comes
Keep the fires lit
And I will be right next to you




Thomas James Shanks - Passed away peacefully at Peterborough Regional Health Centre on Thursday, October 18th, 2018 in his 77th year. Beloved husband of Judy Shanks (née Waldorf) for 52 beautiful years. Loving father of Tim Shanks of Massachusetts and Donna Sanders & her husband Shawn of Peterborough. Proud grandpa of Ethan Sanders. Cherished brother of Joseph (Gail) of Kingston, Michael (Theresa) of Kingston and the late Bernard Shanks. Adored uncle of Paul Fraser, Kim (Chris) Stephens, Pat Shanks, Peggy Shanks-Collis (late Mark), Joan (Scott) Barr, Wes (Jenn) Redden, Jeff Redden, Wendy Thompson, Bill Thompson & Shelly Faye and great uncle of Kieran Barr. Tom will be truly missed by his brother-in-law Doug (Marelyn) Waldorf, sister-in-law Joan (Stan) Fraser and honorary daughter Janice Rabethge & her family. Predeceased by his parents Lawrence & Marcella Shanks. A special thank you to Dr. Cheung, all the staff at Peterborough Renal Clinic and Campbellford Memorial Hospital for all their care and support. Tom was the business owner of Tom Shanks Accounting Services, Campbellford for 27 years. He enjoyed helping people in his community, very proud of his business and an active member of St. Mary's Catholic Church. Tom will be extremely missed by his family, community and friends.

No comments: