Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Schmapped


Schmapped
Originally uploaded by Julep67
It's practically past my bedtime but I wanted to share this.

One of my photos is now in the Schmap guide to Montreal. In February 2006, we took a roadtrip to Montreal to see Belle & Sebastian. The morning after the show, we went to Ben's Deli for breakfast. It was a delicious breakfast and it was a Monday morning so we really didn't think much about the place being almost completely dead. We thought that it was kind of nice to have the restaurant practically to ourselves.

Several months later, around Christmas I think, someone on Now Public asked to use of my Ben's photos for a story they were publishing on how the place was having labour disputes and would probably be closing. This spring, we heard that it had closed. It made sense to me that it would. Last month, when we visited Montreal again, this time to see the Polyphonic Spree, we didn't even bother going by Ben's to see if it was open.

I'm guessing now that it must be open again or they would not be listing it in this guide...or maybe they would, just to mess with the minds of tourists.

Anyway, go check it out. it's kind of cool to see Mark and his beard in the directory!

No comments: