Wednesday, August 08, 2007

dog day of august

I think that today turned out to be one of those "dog days of august" that we hear about.

I say this because I ended up having a big huge nap this afternoon and it seemed to be very dog-like behaviour.

This morning, I was up early and took Mark to work. Later on, I went out and did errands while it was still all cloudy. Despite the clouds, the humidity was insane and I kept thinking that everything I bought, even stuff which didn't need refrigeration, was going to melt before I got it home.

Eventually, the sun came out and the heat was oppressive. Mark quit work early and we went out for lunch. On the way home from the restaurant, we talked about getting into the pool for a while. What we ended up doing was crashing out for 2.5 hours. I'm so glad we did. Neither of us slept well last night for no apparent reason. Right now though, I'm feeling chilled out, rested and relaxed.

yay for naps!

No comments: