Friday, August 24, 2007

poop and scoop


poop and scoop
Originally uploaded by Julep67
Getting out of our yard this morning was fun.

At the edge of our front lawn, there is a bit of a drop and then it's a mixture of ripped pavement, gravel and mud. We finally got some rain yesterday so it's really wet and slippy. Not really great turf to be handling in flip flops.

On the way to work this morning I commented to Mark that I don't know what we'd be doing right now if Joe were alive and still living with us. I think about this because we have a number of elderly folks on our street. They are pretty mobile, we see them walking up and down the street every day, or did before the construction. One nice lady in particular who lives 3 doors east of us, walks 2 or 3 times a day and I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. She uses a walker and I'm sure she couldn't navigate across the lawns with it.

Progress huh?? The rest of our neighbour's hedge was torn up today too. It's all piled up in our driveway. Fortunately, it was humid here today so the roots and stuff are still damp from the rain but I don't know how much longer they can survive like that. It would be a pity if he lost the hedge and I think it may come to that.

I'm trying to figure out right now, how we'll get groceries into the house tomorrow. I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes.

No comments: