Friday, August 31, 2007

beginnings and endings

This afternoon, I split from work a little early. I took a 1/2 day so I could get a few errands done.

One of the errands involved stopping off at the card shop. We're going to a wedding tomorrow and I hadn't yet picked up a card to go with the gift for the bride & groom. While I was in the store, I also had to pick up a sympathy card. I'm sending the card to a very lovely lady I know who just lost her husband of 55 years.

While I was in the store, I didn't really think about it but now, sitting here at my desk, looking at the two cards, I'm thinking about beginnings and endings. How much joy the soon-to-married couple are experiencing, contrasted against the pain that this woman must be feeling, faced with such a tremendous loss. I don't really have much more to say about it, just was thinking about it and thought I'd share.

No comments: