Thursday, August 23, 2007

I just realized that it's thursday

Seriously.

For some reason, I got it into my head that it was Wednesday night. It's not. It's Thursday, almost the weekend. Wow.

Now, I don't like to wish the week away. I say that all of the time. But some weeks, working weeks I mean, are better than others. This particular week has not been particularly marvelous.

Having said that, I'm loving my red purse. I took it to work today and it held all of my stuff just perfectly. A friend of mine has made me promise that "should I go before her" she can have it. So there ya go, somebody make note: if I die (ooh, almost typed dye - should I colour my hair?) before Kirsty, the red Coach bag is hers!!

A while ago, I found a copy of a live performance of Ms Winehouse. It was taped in February, at the Paradiso in Amsterdam. She performed a cover of a Zutons song, Valerie. I instantly loved the song and eventually found some Zutons tunes and enjoyed them too. When stuff like that happens, musical dominoes, I'm happy. Thinking about all of the news about Amy lately though, makes me not so happy.

To me, her voice is so beautiful that it literally makes me well up when I think about what's doing to herself. Hopefully, she'll change direction and not head down an all too familiar road to ruin. I know she's pretty fucked up but I can't help but love her.

No comments: